My Guide Website?
Almaty: Kolsai and Kaindy Lakes and Charyn Canyon Day Trip14 Reviews
Discover the most famous and popular places of the Almaty Region in one day on a tour to Charyn Canyon, Kolsai Lake, and Kaindy Lake. Enjoy lunch in Saty and optional horseback riding activities.
- Enjoy 3 of Almaty's TOP natural destinations in 1 day
- Travel in comfort in an uncrowded small group of 5-15 tourists
- Discover Kazakh national cuisine and hospitality in a remote village
- Admire the incredible views of the unique mountain lakes and deep canyons
DescriptionThis tour is the best way to visit the most popular natural places of Almaty region in 1 day and if you do not have the opportunity to go on a full 2-day tour. Within a day you will visit the TOP natural sites of Almaty region - Charyn Canyon, Black Canyon, Kolsai and Kaindy Lakes. In this regard, this tour has a tight schedule and some sites are not fully visited. Departing Almaty, make a short stop for coffee (costs not included) before arriving at the Black Canyon. Make a quick stop to enjoy a viewpoint, then arrive in Saty village. Drive to Kaindy Lake for a short hike and more views. Take a break during lunch at a guesthouse in the village, then move on to Lower Kolsai Lake. Walk, explore several scenic spots, and enjoy an optional horseback ride (costs not included). Leaving Kolsai Lakes National Park, head to Charyn Canyon. Arrive at the canyon and go to the Valley of the Castles. Walk along the bottom of the canyon and explore, then depart to Almaty, Make one more coffee stop (costs not included) before returning to the meeting point.
IncludesTransportation by minivan/minibus Tour guide Hearty lunch of local cuisine (vegetarian option is available) Bottled water Transfer to Kaindy Lake on the Soviet van UAZ-452 National park entry fees
- The difficulty level of this activity is average. The tour takes place in the border area. Border guards can fine you if you are without a passport.